Thank you so much for partnering with us in prayer. It is a real blessing to us and we have seen God move again and again to answer our prayers. Thank you so much!
As I read back over the last update we sent out, I had to check the dates to make sure that it really had just been 2 weeks since it was sent. So much has progressed and changed.
So first off our visa application, Last Friday I took a trip to the South African Embassy in Dublin to get our applications checked for required documents that we might have missed. We have since sorted out the missing/inadequate documents and are planning a trip to the embassy this Friday to apply for the visas. Our house has now been on the rental market for just over a week. We have had three viewings, two of which seemed quite interested. So watch this space! Fundraising for our relocation needs and monthly living costs started last Sunday. We have been really blown away by God’s provision and people’s generosity. Thank you so much to all of you who have given so generously through both Finance and prayer your support means so so much to us. Currently in the monthly budget we still need roughly 95 people to give £10 a month we are over 1/3 of the way there. Due to lack of clarity on visa costs and not know how much we can sell are car for we are not aware of how much is outstanding in the relocation cost. But we are trusting God, that He will provide for all we need. We have also filled in forms to apply for a pre-school place for Joseph for when we arrive in Port Elizabeth. We are currently waiting to hear back on the outcome of those applications.
God has been taking us on a journey over the last few weeks focusing on faith. He has been stretching our faith and proving Himself trust worthy again and again. He has been stripping us back, consistently putting us in situations where we have to choose to trust Him. It feels as if there is not much we can do to get ourselves to Africa but He is consistently asking us to let go of the processes and hand them to Him. He has been faithful, and when we get to Africa He truly will get all the glory as we cannot get there without Him. He continues to remove the barriers daily.
As we step into this new chapter of life thank you for standing with us in prayer.
At this time could you please pray for:
- Thank God for his faithfulness.
- That God would speak to people about joining with us and supporting us financially.
- Favour with the South African Embassy and that we would get the visas with no hitches.
- That Joseph would be accepted into pre-school.
- That our house would be rented out to the right person.
- Protection from the enemy for all four of us
- Healing for Kate from diabetes (this would be very useful in the move!)
- Our family time/prioritising our time correctly as we prepare to leave N. Ireland.
- Comfort for our families as we prepare to leave
- That intimacy with Jesus would always be our focus and vision…
Thank you for your time and prayers,
Richie, Kate, Joseph and Reuben