What a month! In the last prayer letter we requested prayer that God would provide the right person to rent out our house. We no longer live in our house as it is now rented and the tenant has moved in! The night before the viewings I was at a missions prayer meeting. One of the people there prayed and felt that the first person to view the house would be the right one. The next day (Tuesday) when I met this person I got a strong sense that this was the person God had to rent out the house. By Wednesday she had the application form in! She now lives in the house, & to make it even more clear, the house used to be her uncle’s & she knows all the neighbors!
Getting the house rented, prepared & moving out has taken up the whole of the last month. It has been a hard slog, but God has been right there with us. It been a rollercoaster of memories, dreams, saying good-bye to the house & items we can’t bring with us. God has been right beside us, walking through all the emotions with us. There has been laughter, tears, excitement & apprehension. We have had to hand our emotions, belongings, hopes, & fears to God again & again. He has sustained us through a tough period & now this adventure feels more of a reality than ever before.
The list of what we need to do before we move to PE is quickly getting smaller. The main things left to sort out are medical insurance, visas & finance.
As we step into this new chapter of life thank you for standing with us in prayer.
At this time could you please pray for:
- Praise God for His faithfulness & provision.
- That God would be with the boys and comfort them, that He would be their grounding & safety. Joseph has found moving house difficult.
- Protection from the enemy for all four of us.
- God’s grace for all of us as adapt to living with Kate’s mum in her house.
- That God would speak to people about joining with us and supporting us financially monthly.
- Favour with the South African Embassy and that we would get the visas with no hitches.
- That Joseph would be accepted into pre-school.
- Healing for Kate from diabetes.
- Our family time/prioritising our time correctly as we prepare to leave N. Ireland.
- Comfort for our families as we prepare to leave
- That intimacy with Jesus would always be our focus and vision…
Thank you for your time and prayers,
Richie, Kate, Joseph and Reuben